The health and safety of our patients, staff and visitors at WelwynGarden Osteopaths is essential. We have re-opened following Public Health England, UK Government and our Institute of Osteopathy guidelines making all necessary adaptations to ensure as safe an environment as possible.
What yourOsteopaths are doing
We are taking the following measures to protect all those visiting the clinic:
1. Screening all patients at the point of booking in line with Government guidelines
2. Providing information via email before a visit, regarding the new protocols
3. Screening all patients, staff and visitors upon arrival into the clinic
4. Offering virtual telehealth consultations as a first stage consultation process or for the vulnerable
5. Altered the osteopath rotas and appointment availability to ensure there will only ever be one practitioner and one patient in the building, to limit cross contamination
6. Providing sanitiser, masks and foot covers for patient use if necessary
7. Continuing to provide disposable single use paper gowns for Patient modesty, if required
8. All osteopaths will use PPE and have been trained in the correct donning, doffing and disposal
9. Increasing the frequency and thoroughness of cleaning before and after every patient visit
What we ask you to do
1. Hydrate, Sleep well, Stay Well!
2. If you, someone you live with (or had contact with) have any of the following symptoms;
A fever/temperature – over 37.8°
A new, persistent cough
Difficulty in breathing
Loss of taste or smell
Flu like symptoms
Please do not come to the practice. Self-Isolate.
3. Complete the COVID19 screening questions and consent sent via email on booking your appointment and again the day before your appointment via text.
4. Avoid bringing along visitors/family members to your appointment. Please be aware that we will not be able to provide chaperones. If this is a concern, please notify us BEFORE your appointment
5. Carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes, bin the tissue and then wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser to eliminate germs
6. Wait in your car or well back from the front door until yourOsteopath is ready to see you. We will collect you at your appointment time, so we suggest that you don’t arrive too early
7. Leave bags in the car, if possible.
8. Wash your hands immediately upon entering the practice.
9. Wear a face mask, if requested: there are some specific techniques we will not under-take without one.
10. Use contactless card or BACS transfer where possible
11. Sterilise your hands before leaving
Thank you for your understanding and support.